The isles of Greece, the isles of Greece!
Where burning Sappho loved and sung,
Where grew the arts of war and peace,
Where Delos rose, and Phoebus sprung!
Eternal summer gilds them yet,
But all, except their sun, is set.”
Why have I been so quiet lately? Because I’m going to Greece on Sunday!
We’re staying a week on Crete- there will be ruins, beaches, hiking, caves, and a whole lot of food. (But no cat, thanks to Gary’s warning.)
In honor of my vacation, I will not be blogging, but I am holding a CONTEST!
The super-easy rules:
1. Follow my blog.
2. Leave a comment on this post with your email address.
3. Take a wild guess as to which historical era my third book is going to tackle. All eras are fair game!
4. Want an extra entry? Blog about the contest and you can have a second guess!
The winner will be the person who guesses the correct historical era first.
1. A copy of Alcestis by Katharine Beutner. (A retelling of a classic Greek myth: Read all about it here.)
2. $10 Barnes & Noble Gift Card.
3. Some serious Greek swag. I’m not talking a T-shirt, but some pretty awesome goodies (plural!) that I will find along my journeys and send straight to your mailbox.
The winner will be announced on July 22nd. Until then, happy entries and happy writing!
Photo from Valery Tours.