Happy President’s Day!
I’m finishing the last few chapters of my final edit (YAY!) and leave you with a squirrelly Presidential pic and some fun trivia about America’s presidents.
1. Abraham Lincoln was the last president to visit his troops on a battlefield.
2. William Howard Taft weighed over 300 pounds and got stuck in his White House bathtub. It had to be replaced with a bigger one.
3. James A. Garfield was the first ambidextrous president. It was said that one could ask him a question in English and he could simultaneously write the answer in Latin with one hand, and Ancient Greek with the other.
4. Theodore Roosevelt boxed several times a week, a practice he regularly continued as President until one blow detached his left retina, leaving him blind in that eye. Thereafter, he practiced judo attaining a third degree brown belt and continued his habit of skinny-dipping in the Potomac River during winter.
5. George Washington did not have wooden teeth. He did have many sets of dentures, including ones made of gold, lead, hippo ivory, human and donkey teeth. He started losing his teeth in his 20’s.
Finally, if you want to read some funny stuff (not in front of kids) check out Cracked.Com for an article on 5 of the coolest U.S. presidents of all time. I’ll give you one guess as to who #1 is!