I know you’ve all been waiting for this- the final round of student analogies and metaphors!
And the crowd goes wild!
1. The young fighter had a hungry look, the kind you get from not eating for a while.
2. He was lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck, either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mind or something.
3. The ballerina rose gracefully en pointe and extended one slender leg behind her, like a dog at a fire hydrant.
4. He fell for her like his heart was a mob informant and she was the East River.
And my all-time favorite…
5. It was an American tradition, like fathers chasing kids around with power tools.