Okay, so here’s the big reveal for which of the seven “facts” about me yesterday was a bold-faced lie.
1. I’ve done Arnold Schwarzenegger’s makeup. TRUE! He came up for the Special Olympics as MC quite a few years back and I had volunteered to do makeup for the performers. Arnold wanted some powder and brow tint to hide the grey in his five o’clock shadow.
2. I’ve played with dead people. TRUE! I did some work on bones (and some mummified remains) for the start of my first Master’s. (Which I never finished.
3. I’ve climbed Mt. McKinley. (Or Denali, if you’re from my neck of the woods.) Are you kidding me?! LIE! I’m impressed that so many of you think me capable of climbing the tallest mountain in North American though. That sucker is 20,320 feet tall!
4. I’m married to the most wonderful, patient man in the world. TRUE! Awww…
5. My daughter almost killed me once resulting in hospitalization and multiple blood transfusions. TRUE! The little monkey tried to take me out when she was born. I hemorrhaged. Bad.
6. I’ve traveled to the Czech Republic, Italy, England, Ireland, Guatemala, Mexico, Canada, Egypt, Jordan, France, Costa Rica, Panama, Bermuda, and Aruba. TRUE! What can I say? I like to travel! In fact, I’m heading to Mexico next week. Yay!
7. I met First Lady Laura Bush after being nominated as Alaska’s U.S. History Teacher of the Year. TRUE! It was cool- they even flew me to NYC for the conference and ceremony!
So there you have it! I hope everyone has a splendiferous weekend!
Wow! How cool 🙂 Love learning this kind of stuff about people.
You are an awesome liar – no offense! We all know what an iron woman you are, so of course we believed you could climb a mountain. Duh! 🙂
Ahahaha! I knew the Arnold fact was too easy! Well done, Stephanie!
Far and away the most impressive is that you were History Teacher Of The Year, which is just totally awesome. The world needs more of you!
Congrats on the History Teacher of the Year award – that's fantastic! What an honour 🙂
You've led an interesting life! Love it!!
Wow, the Arnold one threw me off. I wouldn't have guessed that to be true.
Have fun in Mexico! Ah, the warmth…
Very cool list… now go climb that mountain 🙂
Wow, Arnold S. and dead people all in the same post? I bow to your greatness. 🙂
Wow, you are incredibly well traveled. I'm very impressed. Have fun in Mexico!
Awesome! You have had enough fun for us all Stephanie!
Was Arnie nice or bizarre or what? He seems so strange to me!
Umm…you were nominated as Alaska American history teach of the year? That's awesome. I wish I'd had a good history teacher in school. lol
Hi, Stephanie. I have an award for you on my Saturday post. 🙂
Loved reading that!
Wow, neat to know what were the truths and the lies! You've had some really cool experiences and accomplishments (And I can't believe I called the lie right… :p)
You've had some awesome adventures! Congrats on the Teacher of the Year Award, what a tremendous honour. So, is climbing that mountain on your bucket list? 🙂
Great list and let me add my congratulations for the History Teacher of the Year nomination. What an impressive honor! Not surprised you enjoy travel – what better way to explore history?
Have a blast in Mexico. The weather should be awesome. 🙂
#6 & #7: Serious? I'm happy and jealous for you & your adventures & accolades all at the same time! You go girlfriend!!
You are so cool! Seriously, if you had told us that all of those were true, I'm sure we would all have believed you.
Oh wow, cool facts!